What is time management? :)

Hello world,

Today's blog is about my awful time management skills..

So, in high school, I was in a full time softball sport, and was a competitive dancer. I played softball games Feburary-August and not practiced August-January. I also was a competitive dancer who spent three days out of the week at the dance studio. When softball games started, I went straight from the games to dance practice. There were times when I did not get home until 9:30 and still had homework to do. If I would have been smart, I would have used my studyhall times to do the homework so I did not have to stay up super late finishing them. But if anyone remembers my last post.. I love to procrastinate. By my junior year in high school, I finally figured out how to manage my time between my busy life. I would take any free time I had throughout the school day (including lunch) to work on any work I needed to get done. I was taking college credit courses and a foreign language, so nothing was super easy. When I finally learned how to manage my time, I had so much more energy throughout the day because I was actually getting the recommended seven-eight hours of sleep at night rather than the three hours of sleep I typically got my freshman and sophomore year. 

When I came to college, I had no idea how much busier I would be. I did not think it was possibly to get busier than my life in high school.. I stopped playing softball but picked up a new hobby called bowling, continued to be a competitive dancer, and joined the crazy journey called nursing school. With nursing school, you always have something to study for or something to work on. You have all of this work to do on top of other classes you are taking. Learning how to time manage in high school and how to stay organized really helped (somewhat) in college. There have been a few times when I have put an assignment off and then put it off for so long that I had very little time to finish it, but I have definitely improved. I prioritize everything I have to do. If I have a lot of school work then I will not go to dance that week, I will usually try to get caught up or do enough work to get a little ahead so my workload is a little less. 

The lesson from today’s blog is to take the time you have wisely. If you just keep putting things off then the deadline will sneak up on you and now you have to scurry around like a headless chicken to finish the assignment by the deadline. Stay safe, stay happy, and keep blogging!

Love, 
The busy college kid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep..... I love sleep!

What do you think summer will be like?

College kid in a pandemic, say whattt?