What is it like being a nursing student in a pandemic.

Hello world, 

Growing up, I always had my mind set on what I wanted to be when I grew up.. a nurse. My sister spent most of her younger years in the hospital which meant I was there too. Seeing the way the nurses treated her really made me appreciate everything they did for every single one of their patients. No one in my family is a nurse so I did not really have anyone to shadow or look up to when it came to a nurse. 

My first year of nursing school was hard, but it was not nursing hard. It was hard biology. The actual challenge that year was getting through anatomy & physiology. I managed to make it through my first year of nursing school with a 3.3 gpa. I soon realized the actual hardness of nursing school the start of my sophomore year. Sophomore year meant taking two hard nursing classes on top of taking a hard biology course. I thought that tested my limits, but I was wrong. 

I believe the hardest thing I have done in the twenty years I have been on this earth would be finishing out this semester of nursing school online. Like I said in my last blog, I have done nothing but try and teach myself all of these nursing terms and interventions that I will almost always use in my everyday life when I become a nurse. Going online meant I was responsible to teach myself the information, study the information for the exams, and also remember this information for fall semester and for the rest of my nursing career. If you have ever had to teach yourself something, you should know that it is a difficult task. Even though this experience has taken a toll on my life, I was always taught that when things seem like they are falling apart.. They may actually be falling into place. 

Stay safe, stay happy, and keep blogging!

Love, 

The not so busy, busy college kid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep..... I love sleep!

College kid in a pandemic, say whattt?

What do you think summer will be like?