Procrastination

Hello world,

I think I can speak for most college students when I say we have, at least once, waited till the last minute to actually finish an assignment... we wait until the day or two before something is due to start the assignment. This has for sure happened to me. Just here recently I turned in an assignment at 11:50 pm when it was due by 11:59. I had 9 minutes to spare I guess :)

I started this research paper the morning of it being due. I figured I would have plenty of time to finish it, it seemed pretty easy. Well to my lucky surprise... it was a little more difficult than I thought. I have a tendency to get sidetracked really easy. I would watch the T.V more than typing the paper, so I turned some music on. That did not work either, all I wanted to do was sing along, so I could not think straight. I ended up sitting in my quiet room, all alone, until it was done.

This was not the first time I had procrastinated and I am 100% sure it will not be the last. Growing up, I almost always waited till the last minute to start a project. You would have thought I would learn after staying up all night just to finish the project for the next day of school, but I did not. I remember being a sophomore in high school and having a six page literary analysis due on a Friday and did not start it until the Thursday before. I had read all the book, but just kept putting off actually writing the paper. I spent every free time I had writing this paper. I stayed up all night just to finish it. That night I slept maybe three hours and got up the next day for school and totally regretted my decision. This was during my softball season, so I was completely exhausted for practice that night. So, if you get anything out of reading this blog post, I hope it is to not procrastinate like me. I regret it every single time I do it.

Stay tuned for the next life lesson from a college student who wishes someone would have given me some the same advice growing up. Stay safe, stay happy, and keep blogging!

Love,
The busy college kid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep..... I love sleep!

What do you think summer will be like?

College kid in a pandemic, say whattt?