What do you do in all your free time?

Hello world, 

With this pandemic happening in the world, we have all been blessed with all of this unwanted free time. What have you done during this quarantine? Leave a comment about your quarantine fun stories!

Well for me, once I finished the work I had for the day, I would take my sister and go walking for a few hours just to get out of the house. It was nice to stay active and also enjoy the nice weather. Being stuck in the house can become very boring and take a toll on your mental health. Other than walking a bunch, I have also helped my mom redo a few rooms in her house. For three days, we spent every amount of free time tearing off the wallpaper she had in her dining room. It had been on there for so long, it would come off in two layers. It was very time consuming, but it gave us something else to do besides sit and twiddle our thumbs lol. Once we tore off all the wallpaper, we had to fill in all the holes with mud and wait for that to dry. Once that was dry, we had to sand everything down to make it smooth and look like a clean, even wall. Once everything was sanded down, we started painting. I find painting to be fun and relaxing. We finally finished everything after 5 days of working on everything. We believe our next project is painting the kitchen.. Wish us luck!

The lesson I want everyone to walk away with today is to find something to do other than sit and be bored all day. There is so much to do in life, whether it be going out for a walk, go outside to tidy up the flower garden or vegetable garden. Just because we are all stuck in the house and having to adapt to this new “normal” does not mean we all have to remain in the house bored. 

Stay safe, stay happy, and keep blogging!

Love, 

The not so busy, busy college kid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep..... I love sleep!

College kid in a pandemic, say whattt?

What do you think summer will be like?