Food is my spirit animal :)

Hello world, 

Today’s blog is about food. Who does not love food. Food is my spirit animal :) Growing up, my mom had it hard. I was a super picky eater and I still am. I am a big fruit eater but I do not like many vegetables. What is everyone's favorite fruit? Mine would have to be peaches or oranges. I usually eat one of those every day if possible. 

Going into my freshman year, I still lived with my parents, so I did not have to worry much about food. I would cook dinner every now and then but my mom did most of the cooking. Well, at the start of my sophomore year in college, my fiance started renting a house and I started to stay over there more often than my mom and dad's house. With that came the responsibility to cook dinner almost every time I stayed over. I was not that I did not know how to cook, I just did not have a lot of time to cook these time consuming meals due to me being a full time college student with a crazy schedule. That is when I started googling fast and easy meals that I could cook in a decent amount of time, but also taste amazing. One of the meals I ended up finding was this smoked sausage and hashbrown casserole. All it takes is frozen shredded hashbrowns, milk, cheese, and smoked sausage. You put the hashbrowns on the bottom of the pan, pour milk over the hashbrowns, put some cheese over the hashbrowns then put the chopped up smoked sausage throughout the pan. If you are a cheese lover like me, you can add more cheese over top of the smoked sausage pieces. 

The lesson I was everyone to walk away with today is that no matter how little time you have, you can still make a tasty dinner in just a short amount of time. Today’s movies and T.V shows make college students seem like all they eat is ramen noodles but they take fifthteen minutes to make. Tying into my last post about time management, as long as you manage your time and set time aside for meals, you can have a good meal while still having enough time to finish those thousands of assignments or study for that exam. 

Stay safe, stay happy, and keep blogging!

Love, 

The busy college kid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep..... I love sleep!

What do you think summer will be like?

College kid in a pandemic, say whattt?