College kid in a pandemic, say whattt?

Hello world, 

I know I talked about this in last week's blog, but this is my everyday life now, being a college student in a pandemic and nothing else. 

Going from face to face classes to online classes was a hard pill I had to swallow. Going online meant I would not have the full access to the professor's time when I needed help, I would not have that quiet space I would take to do assignments between class, I would not have peers to lean on when I did not understand a concept. We all had to adapt to the new "normal". Professors had to switch their lesson plans from interactive to online where interactive may not be possible. 

For me, I feel like the hardest part was going through the powerpoints and teaching myself the content of the chapter. I am not good at teaching myself things. I can not just read through the slides and retain the information. I have to have someone read the powerpoints, explain them and write them down and key points I can remember from the information. With online, all you have in the powerpoints to read and that is it. It is up to you to teach yourself the chapters and be able to take the exams in the following few weeks. It was not my professors fault, but it has definitely been a challenge that I have not yet overcome. 

All I can say is come fall semester... I really hope we can return to campus and have face to face lectures. I guess the lesson for today would be, again, do not take things for granted. If this pandemic has taught me anything, it would be to appreciate everything God has put us through and everything he has given us all throughout our life. 

Stay safe, stay happy, and keep blogging!

Love, 

The not so busy, busy college kid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep..... I love sleep!

What do you think summer will be like?